About Dr. Choo Wan Ling
MBBS (Singapore) | MMed (O&G) | FAMS (Singapore)
- National University of Singapore in 1994
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Masters in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 2000.
- Elected as a Council Member of the Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society of Singapore
- Honorary Treasurer from 2004 to 2006
- Key organisers of the fifth and sixth editions of the Singapore Congress of O&G.
Fellowship and Accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Master of Medicine (O&G), National University of Singapore
- Dr Choo Wan Ling is an obstetrician and gynaecologist currently practising at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Singapore. Dr Choo is experienced in obstetric and gynaecological scans, antenatal care and risk assessment, prenatal screening, vaginal, assisted and caesarean delivery. She is an advocator of natural birth and breastfeeding.
- She obtained her Master of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the National University of Singapore in the year 2000 and is also the winner of the IV Asian Obstetrics and Gynaecology Congress Gold Medal (2000) which recognises academic excellence. In 2003, Dr Choo was elected as a council member of the Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society of Singapore, and was the Honorary Treasurer from 2004 – 2006. During that time, Dr Choo was instrumental in organising the 5th and 6th Singapore Congress of O&G for the Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of Singapore.
- A prolific writer, Dr Choo has published in scientific journals such as Gynaecologic and Obstetric Investigations – Vaginal Delivery after Previous Caesarean Section, Annals of Medicine – Osteoporosis in relation to Menopause and contributed to various medical publications in her field of specialisation. Dr Choo has also contributed chapters to a guidebook for expectant mothers, published by Oxford University Press.